I recently fell of my bike, and landed on my front teeth. They look fine, but they feel a little odd. The pain was the worst immediately after the accident, but it has gotten a lot better. There was a little bit of gum bleeding (but it was extremely minor; it stopped after a couple seconds). There were two teeth that were affected, one more than the other. They both have minor chips as well. I can't chew on anything with my front teeth because I can distinctly feel even a little bit of pressure. There are no visible cracks. Should I go see my dentist or does it seem like my teeth will be fine?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - September - 2013, at 20:48 PM

• You have got trauma on the front teeth, the pulp is affected. But if the pain is gradually decreasing and there is no hot n cold sensation and there is no mobility in tooth, then that means it is reversible pulpitis. But if pain is getting worse and mobility is there then you have to go to dentist. There may not be visible cracks or fracture but because of trauma, the pulp gets necrosed and in that case you have to go for Root canal treatment of the front teeth. You can wait for couple of days but it is better you schedule an appointment with your dentist and get xrays done. for more info on traumatic injuries of tooth, you can check this link  in our website.....http://www.identalhub.com/article_tooth-trauma-331.aspx

Free Dental Consultation