I had my teeth pulled in Febdiary.October I got my permanent. My last dentist appointment was Mid November. I recently noticed 4 small black dots on my bottom gums. My bottom plate fits less and less everyday, I mean to get them adjusted but cannot find the time. My question is.. Are the dots from the plate rubbing or is it cancer? I'm very worried and since its Sunday I will not be able to get in until an available appointment.. Which could be many days. Would a cancer grow that fast? I look at them often but didn't notice till now. I am not sure how long they have been there.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - January - 2017, at 21:58 PM

• The black dots can be because of the irritation from the dentures. From your description it does not look like cancer but it if the irritation continue for long then unwanted growth can be there. it is better you visit your dentist and get the dentures fitted properly. Till then do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day and maintain good oral hygiene. It is difficult to give you the diagnosis without the clinical examination. For more info on the problems with dentures you can visit the following link on our website....

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-problems-after-putting-dentures-966.aspx

Free Dental Consultation