I had a root canal done with post in core of tooth. I was not happy with the color of my crown so the dentist reluctantly agreed to redo it. He has removed the first crown and I am waiting on the lab to make the remake. My question is this. The original crown was not painful but tender to the touch. The temporary crown that I have at the moment is also tender to the touch. Do you think this is due to the weight of the crown against the post? I am hesitant about mentioning this to my dentist because he thinks I am being too picky as it is but I also feel that now is the time to say something before he places the new crown. I have several other crowns and root canals and have never had this slight tenderness but I don't think any of the other treatments had cores placed in them. The lower I touch on the crown the stronger the tender sensation. Thank you for your answer.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - March - 2013, at 09:32 AM

• After root canal treatment the tooth can be tender for 7 to 10 days but the tenderness and the pain should go after that. It does not matter whether the post and core is given or not. If your tooth is still tender to touch then you should discuss this with your dentist. If the dentist recrown the tooth the pain or tenderness can increase and then it can be a problem . For more info on post and core you can visit the following link.......http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-post-and-core-74.aspx

Free Dental Consultation