Hi! Two years ago I had a root canal done on an upper (molar?) tooth. They never put a crown on it and recommended against it simply because they said the tooth was too fragile and that the root canal had been too extensive for that. One year ago I chipped part of the tooth and they ground it down and said there was a small fracture in the tooth but nothing to worry about. Recently this same tooth has been having pain--mostly when I chew (to the point I have not been chewing on that side) and when I am not chewing it feels mostly like a very, very dull numbness or throbbing, almost like an old scab that feels itchy around that area. Another note-my impacted wisdom teeth have been growing in, especially the one on the side of this tooth has come through the gums a little. I am wondering if my roots could be infected again or if the tooth has cracked completely? Or could it just be that the impacted wisdom tooth is pushing the roots of my root canal causing pain?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - May - 2017, at 07:03 AM

• From your symptoms it looks like that your tooth is again infected it was not crowned and it got fractured also. The pian can be because of the wisdom tooth also but that will not be throbbing pain and more so over it will not be constant. Visit your dentist and get the x-ray done to see the position of the tooth. If it is fractured and infected then may be you have to get it pulled out as in such teeth reroot canal is also not possible. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link on our website....

http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation