I am a 55 year old female in good health--No medications at all. I went to the dentist to get a filling as I have in the in the past and after I received the shot to numb my mouth-i couldnt breath/my blood pressure went out of control/shaking uncontrollaby/i was given oxygen. What went wrong?

Leave Comment

Comments

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 05 - November - 2012, at 04:36 AM

  • I think it was due to apprehension, and anxiousness about the procedure you were receiving. Also, could be an allergic reaction to the substance in the anesthetic solution..The main thing that causes the allergy are the preservatives that are in used in the anesthetics.Next time you have a procedure where anaesthetic is required ensure you tell your doctor about this. It would be good to know the exact name of what they used for the local anaesthetic, because the next time they may ensure they do not use that exact one.

    For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/dental-allergies-and-dentistry-662.aspx

Free Dental Consultation