How long can you go without wearing a retainer without having teeth movement? My upper retainer wire broke and I've been without my retainer for a few weeks now. However, I have had my retainers for about 9 years now and I usually wore it about 2-3 nights per week. Would I experience any changes? Could I superglue the wire until I get seen by the orthodontist (in about 3 weeks)?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - October - 2012, at 02:52 AM

• You yourself can not do any thing. You have to visit the dentist immediately and get it repaired if it can be repaired otherwise you have to get the new one made.Your dentist needs to see you as soon as possible to fix or replace your retainers.It is better not to delay the things . If you do not wear the retainers the chances of relapse are there and whatever teeth movement has taken place to correct them can go all waste.

For more information on retainers after braces you can visit this link on our web site which has the information on retainers  www.identalhub.com/article_problems-encountered-with-retainers-203.aspx

Free Dental Consultation