About 5 months ago, I was at my dentist for a typical checkup. I also needed my mouth guard adjusted. Then, the dentist (a husband/wife team) came in. He told me that I couldn't even choke on that if he shoved it down my throat. Sadly, I have Asperger's Syndrome and took him literally. His staff said that he was just joking. I refuse to go back to that practice. A pediatric dentist that I used to see said that she wouldn't mind taking care of me due to my special needs. I wrote a letter to her in November before sending her a personal message on Facebook. Sadly, I haven't heard anything. I've never had a cavity (and I'm almost 23), had 3 of my wisdom teeth extracted and I was wondering what will happen if I stop going to the dentist?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - January - 2017, at 22:29 PM

• Hi you should not stop seeing the dentist just because of one silly remark. So many people wear the mouth guard and it is safe . Even we recommend it to the small children . So just forget about that remark and move on. O.k. if you don't want to go to that dentist we understand . there are bso many . Go to some one else. but don't stop seeing the dentist. Regular 6 monthly check ups are important for healthy teeth and gums. If you stop getting the regular check up done and you have a cavity you will not come to know and you may end up loosing a tooth. For more info on dentistry you casn visit the following link on our website.......

http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-health-98.aspx

Free Dental Consultation