So I chipped my tooth a couple months ago and I got it bonded with tooth colored resin or something about 2 days later. I also had an xray done 3 months later and they said everything was normal. About 5 months later I noticed bonding was wearing off a little and a couple days later and I had a little sensitivity in my tooth. I also felt a throbbing sensation in my tooth but it is not like an excruciating pain, but I can clearly feel it throbbing. So I had it rebonded and my dentist told me to start using sesodyne tooth paste, but the throbbing still has not gone away 3 days later. What should I do? Is it possible that my tooth is infected? and if it is infected what are my options?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - October - 2012, at 03:19 AM

• After the direct bonding treatment you may experience some tooth sensitivity/pain for a few days to a few weeks, but this will subside.Avoid biting hard foods with the bonded tooth.Maintain a good oral hygiene.Avoid food accumulation near the involved tooth as it can aggravate the pain.If the pain persists or worsens,visit your dentist for clinical examination and request him to repeat the x rays of the involved tooth.If the tooth with bonding shows sigms of infection in the x ray,you can get root canal treatment done for that tooth.

For more info  the treatment for the chipped teeth you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/dental-how-chipped-tooth--is--fixed-by-dentist-790.aspx

Free Dental Consultation