About 4 days ago I noticed a sore on my upper right gums, on the inside of the gum almost near the roof of my mouth(a few millimeters from the tooth). it is almost a centimeter across and is red and white and somewhat recessed into the gums (as if it has eaten its way in or the gums surrounding are constantly swollen, not sure). It definitely is bothersome and sore and hot to the touch. I have no pain in my teeth near it, as i've wiggled them around quite a bit to see if there was any. I had my wisdom teeth removed many years ago without problems. I also haven't been to the dentist for a cleaning (or anything) for probably 4 or 5 years. My insurance will be active in about 20-25 days but I am getting worried that this is some sort of infection that I need to take care of right away. I live on my own and have no insurance and very low income. Is this something that can wait 25 days? I would be comfortable having antibiotics at least in the meantime, but I simply cannot afford a dentist visit without insurance right now. Thank you.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - August - 2012, at 23:45 PM

• Your case definitely requires a dental visit and the clinical evaluation. You can take the help of CARE CREDIT. Under this, the company will pay for the whole dental treatment and you can return the money in easy monthly installments. Else you can visit a nearby dental school. Though the treatment there will be done by budding dentists but it will be under strict supervision of experts. For more info on dental insurance plans and free dental treatment visit the link....http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-insurance-plans-58.aspx

Free Dental Consultation