I had a root canal 3 weeks ago on my #30 lower molar. I now have severe cold sensitivity in this tooth (not adjacent teeth). I have discomfort/pressure in my jaw/side of my face up to my ear and have hissing in my ear. What's going on here? Do I have an infection or other issue that needs treatment?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - September - 2017, at 05:34 AM

• After getting the Root carnal treatment if is not possible to have cold sensitivity in the tooth as in root carnal treatment tooth becomes non vital and there is no hot & cold sensation. It is possible only if the pulp remains in the tooth. As you have discomfort in that area so it is possible that the root canal treatment is not properly done. After root carnal treatment it is normal to have some discomfort or pain for a week but by this time it should not be there. In my advice visit your dentist and discuss your problem with your dentist. May be some other tooth in that area is infected and needs treatment. For more information on root carnal treatment you can visit following link on our website...

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-pain-after-root-canal--914.aspx

Free Dental Consultation