for starters I would like to say I have chickenpox currently..and about 5 days ago before having chickenpox I believe I may have worn away part of my gum from brushing to hard.. on sunday, I noticed extreme sensitivity to my molar tooth(directly next to the gum that was partially worn)..upon inspection the gum had worn down quite a bit and was a bit dark.. now I can't exactly go to the dentist because I have chicken pox..so my mom got me doing some baking soda coconut oil washes..i no longer have sensitivity to the tooth, the black colouring has completely gone..however that section of the gum is white in colour and part of it has just come apart..all redness,inflamation and pain is gone..but im concerned ...

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - July - 2015, at 19:41 PM

• As you cannot go to a dentist, so till then be gentle with brushing and maintain a very good oral hygiene. You should be careful not to irritate the gums. With time it may heal but when you are recovered, you must visit a dentist. It is not possible to give you treatment plan without clinical examination. If the gums are normally healthy then the traumatised part of gum recovers if proper care is taken. for more info on gum problems you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-gum-diseases-9.aspx

Free Dental Consultation