Hello. I am 17 years old and have TMJ, which I wear a mouthguard for. I also most likely am a tongue thruster. I have never been diagnosed with a gum disease, nor have I ever had a cavity. The past couple of weeks my bottom right second molar feels loose. I can hear clicks and pops sometimes when I press on it with my tongue, and have become phobic to the point where I press that tooth alot (I have OCD). After I brush (Which I do twice a day) and floss once a day, that tooth just feels loose. I dont know how to explain it besides it feels loose. It dosent move, it dosent hurt, no swelling. Though a couple of days ago the gum below that tooth hurt for about 2 days. Do i need to see a dentist? Is it my tmj which is making my tooth feel loose? (im at the point where i wear my mouthguard the entire day because im phobic.)

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - November - 2016, at 00:01 AM

• In your case it is very difficult to give the diagnosis with out doing the clinical examination. if the tooth does not move or it does not pain then it is very unlikely that it is loose. You have not mentioned whether your wisdom teeth have already erupted or not . Some times when the wisdom tooth is erupting then also you have pain. Visit your dentist and find out the cause of the problem. Donot overlook it. If you think that you are a tongue thruster then get the treatment done for that. For more info on tongue thrusting you can visit the following link on our website....

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-tongue-thrusting-959.aspx

Free Dental Consultation