I floss every day and brush at least twice a day, I'm serious about dental hygiene because I know I have weak teeth. But last night while flossing I had an intense pain in my gum that shot up to my tear duct - made my eye water. There was no blood, redness or swelling. This morning I was brushing and the same pain was there. Still no noticeable redness or swelling. Then mid-day I went to floss and the same pain was there, very intense but only when the floss or toothbrush hits. I can still eat on that side. Now it being 24 hours, if I press really hard with my tongue right between the two teeth there's pain but still no redness or swelling. What's going on?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - February - 2017, at 00:12 AM

• It looks like that you have developed a dental pocket between that area. some times because of some food impaction or some trauma there is a infection between the teeth and gradually develops into a pocket.Do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day and massage that area with some OTC available gum paint. Avoid eating from that side for a day or two and don't irritate that area.If the pain is still there after couple of days then you have to visit the dentist. Some times this sort of pain is there because of decay . He will take the  X-ray of that area and do the needful. Without clinical examination and the X-ray it is difficlt to give any treatment plan.For more info on pain in gums you can visit the following link on our website...

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-dental-pain--539.aspx

Free Dental Consultation