Recently, while brushing my teeth, I noticed that the gum over my left top front tooth was higher that it previously was. I don't usually look at my teeth, as I brush my teeth while in the shower. But, randomly, I took a look at them and noticed that the part of my guns over that tooth was higher. So I went online, and I can't think of anything that fits besides maybe brushing too hard. My teeth aren't red, silken, nor do they bleed, so I don't think it's gingivitis. I don't have the best dental health, but I brush at least once a day for about 4 minutes. This isn't happening anywhere else, and I have no idea what to do. Also, I'm eighteen, not sure if that's relevant or not.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - June - 2012, at 02:05 AM

• Dont worry, you are right, this is due to improper and hard brushing methods. Just follow the right brushing technique by using  a soft bristles brush and moving them in up and down manner gently. Also there are gum paints available in the market. Just rub them against the gingiva twice daily....for more info on techniques of brushing visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_why-do-we-need-to-brush-our-teeth-156.aspx

Free Dental Consultation