After breaking a corner, one of my molars was repaired with inlay 7 years ago. Through Xray my current dentist has said there is a shadow and wants to drill the tooth and put a crown on it. The tooth looks fine, is not broken and there is no discomfort with chewing or any other action. Should I proceed with this or wait until I feel discomfort or something else develops?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - March - 2012, at 08:12 AM

• If a shadow is seen in the X-ray that means the tooth is getting decayed because of some leakage.In such case either inlay is changed or the crown is put depending upon the amount of tooth structure left. It is difficult to comment whether you shoud go for the procedure or not with out seeing the X-ray and the cliical examination. It is not that we wait for the pain or the discofort. If the pain or dscomfort starts then you have to go for more invasive procedure. You can take second opinion if you are not convinced. for more onfo on inlays you can visit the following link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_all-about-inlays-and-onlays-432.aspx

Free Dental Consultation