My son had an implant 18 months ago that failed. It was removed, had a bone graft, waited 6 months, then had another implant. He then waited several months while it healed and the temp crown fell off at least 10 times during that period. He got the permanent crown 2 months ago and it came off. Son must have swallowed it with his dinner. We paid for 5 year warranty. Dentist said warranty no good without having the crown to see if it failed. Obviously it failed, there was a cement issue, or his work was shotty. It's only been 2 months! We paid over $6000. He expects us to pay him again. And they even told me we overpaid $700 and they didn't return the money. They just left it on our account as a credit. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it to last longer than 2 months. We certainly wouldn't have paid that much money if we knew it wouldn't. What can we do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - July - 2017, at 00:01 AM

• it is very unfortunate that you have to go through all this. if there is 5 year warranty then normally dentist do the need ful but in youe case there is a problem as you donot have the crown . you can go to the dentist and talik to him. Try to solve the issue amicably. for more info on the failure of dental crowns you can visit the followin link on our website......

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-causes-of-crown-dislodgement-941.aspx

Free Dental Consultation