I had a first premolar extracted about two weeks ago (#12) and while it's still pretty sore, especially the gum area, the most annoying part is that the inside edge of the tooth behind the extraction site (#13) is rubbing against my tongue. Every time I talk my tongue rubs against the edge of this tooth. It's not sharp, but it's very annoying, and has made my tongue sore. I don't know if this is something that will settle with time or that I will get used to. My bite is still a little off in that tooth as well. My extraction site is still healing and sore so perhaps I just need to be more patient. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - October - 2016, at 23:19 PM

• You will become used to it with time . The tongue sore is there because there is space and tongue goes there. You have to get this tooth replaced by a bridge or implant then this problem will go . if you got the tooth extracted 2 weeks back by this time healing should take place and there should not be any pain. for healing maintain good oral hygiene and do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day. For more info on tooth extraction and the complications you can visit the following link on our website.....

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-after-tooth-extraction-881.aspx

Free Dental Consultation