My crown was too tall. I asked the dentist to please make it fit better. After he drilled the crown, the fit was not much better so he got increased the coarseness of the drill twice. Since it still was bothering me, he used the last coarse drill bit to drill into my normal tooth just above. It hurt and it smelled like burnt. My tooth has felt a little pressure-sensitive since then and a bit like it feels when I have cracked my teeth in the past. It's been 3 weeks since this and the symptoms are either gone or I'm just used to them. Question: Is the dentist's treatment normal? I can't imagine drilling my actual tooth will not have negative consequences in regards to protection against cavities

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - April - 2017, at 07:13 AM

• Normally when the crown is given it should be of proper height as we take the measurements but if it is high then crown is reduced not the actual tooth as the actual tooth becomes sensitive. i don't know what your dentist has done but normally this is the procdure. For more info on dental crowns you can visit the following link on our website.....

http://www.identalhub.com/article_procedure-for-crown-placement-270.aspx

Free Dental Consultation