This pain started about a week ago, I wear dentures, so it is not a toothache. I don't know if an abcess can show up or not. I am wondering if I may have the early stages of some kind of jaw cancer; I'm a smoker. The pain is minimal at this time. How and what do I do to get a diagnoses about this situation? Do I go to a dentist first for x-rays, an oral surgeon, or a cancer center. I am on Soc. Sec. and no dental Ins., so need to keep that in mind too. I have Medicare, and a supplemental Ins. with Aetna though. Thank you John Roberts

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - September - 2016, at 22:38 PM

• It can be denture sore. You have not mentioned since how long you are wearing denture  and when you got it made. Some times after prolong use the teeth of the dentures wear off and put more pressure on the ridge which causes pain or some time they cause sore or starts pinching which can also cause pain. So it is better you first go to your dentist who will do the clinical examination to find out the cause and then do the need ful. For more info on dentures you can visit the following link on our website..

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-does-your-dentures-cause-mouth-pain-584.aspx

Free Dental Consultation