Recently I visited the dentist for a cleaning and they were going to pull 3 teeth all in the same visit. They gave several shots to numb me. The shot they gave on the left side where they put it where your jaw goes together. I think it is called a block. It caused my left eye to not be able to close. They decided after this happen not to do anything. I want to have 30 teeth pulled. Can I do this some way without the shots. My teeth are in terrible shape. I am petrified to have another shot. My eye and my jaw are still bothering me after 5 weeks. Please help

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - May - 2014, at 20:10 PM

• For extracting the teeth, you have to get the shots for numbing. Normally this does not happen that you are not able to close the eye but may  be the shot was not given at correct position and that is why you have that sort of symptom. The other option for you is to get it done under general anesthesia but for that you have to discuss it with your oral surgeon, whether you are good candidate or not. Take a second opinion and for extractions it is better you go to oral surgeon as you have to get full mouth extraction done. for more info on numbing you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-anaesthesia-91.aspx

Free Dental Consultation