i typically wear the guard that was made by my dentist. i sometimes wear Dentek one. wore. i used that 1 for like 3 weeks nad i broke it. i'm 24, had no problems w/bruxism as a kid and am not stressed out much, dont smoke, drink caffeine rarely, am not misaligned. it's probably because of my dust mite allergy which causes me to sometimes wake up at night, not being able to breathe. my nuerologist doesnt think i need to be tested for sleep apnea and neither does my allergist. i'm dehydrating the mites, but i cannot get rid of them all. it's impossible. my sleep position makes it hard for me to sleep on anything but m back usually. am i doomed to have bruxism for a long time? i'm forgetful, so i lose guards. is my bruxism that bad? thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - November - 2016, at 06:03 AM

• You have to wear the night guard if you are a bruxer and your teeth are wearing out. Like they are getting smaller or you have pain in the jaws. You must be showing some signs of bruxism that is why your dentist gave you the night guard. With out taking the proper history and clinical examination it is difficult to comment on whether you need night guard or not. You have to discuss this with your dentist oryou can take the second opinion. For more info on bruxism you can visit the following link on our website...

http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-teeth-grinding-bruxism-5.aspx

Free Dental Consultation