Hello, I have been chewing tobacco for 7 years, I am 27. I noticed 4 years ago I had a small soft lump inside the middle of my cheek. and an even small one on the other side in the same spot. I grind my teeth alot. So i dont know what its comin from. It is painless and hasnt appeared to have gotten bigger sometimes i notice it more than others like right now lol.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - April - 2012, at 11:44 AM

• The lump  you are describing can be because of tobacco chewing or it can be because of grinding the teeth. As you grind the teeth the cheek may get hurt and the lumps they appear. Normally both are painless as the lump formed because of teeth grinding are because of the chronic trauma. The lump formed due to grinding keeps on increasing or decreasing in size. It is difficult to give the exact diagnosis with out clinical examination so it is better to go to the dentist and get the diagnosis made.For more info n tobacco chewing you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/article_effects-of-smokeless-tobacco-on-oral-tissues-327.aspx

Free Dental Consultation