Hello, I have been to a dentist not area and have been told that I have a few cavities, nothing pressing. However, I have a horrible phobia of the conventional dental drill. I've recently heard of the Biolase Inc. Waterlase iPlus laser drill. People claim it is far less painful, though dental anesthetic isn't ruled out all together, is this claim it's more or less painless true? Does insurance cover it? Does it work well? Thanks!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - May - 2015, at 20:32 PM

• Yes this is definately less painful as it makes less of noise. As you are phobic of dental drill and mostly the phobia is from noise it makes, otherwise the normal drill is also not painfull as anesthesia is given. You can go for concious sedation like laughing gas (nitrious oxide) which takes care of phobia part. Most of the insurances donot cover this laughing gas or laser drills. These companies cover the fillings at normal rates and you have to copay for this. for more info on concious sedation, you can check this link in our website..... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-conscious-sedation-20.aspx

Free Dental Consultation