Hello, I am currently 32 weeks pregnant, with 8 weeks left to go. I have always had poor dental health, and have much dental work that is needed to be performed. I had slowly started getting these procedures performed, and then got pregnant and only had a few minor things done. I currently have a tooth that is causing severe pain in the back of my mouth. It seems the pain is coming from my last molar on the bottom, however my whole right jaw hurts, not just the bottom. When I bite down though, that is the tooth with sharp pain. The tooth in front of it does have a cavity, however it doesn't seem that is where the pain is coming from. I'm concerned about getting dental work done this late in pregnancy, however I also know I cannot stand this pain for another 8 weeks. I will call my dentist tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - July - 2014, at 19:41 PM

• You are right as it is not indicated to go for the certain dental procedures in 3rd trimester but as you are severe pain, the temporary procedures can  be done which can give relief from pain. As you have already scheduled appointment with your dentist, your dentist will take proper history and clinical examination and decided what procedure can be done. He can give you temp filling or intermediate filling which will help you and after delivery, you can get the permament restorations done. Till then maintain good oral hygiene and avoid eating from that side. for more info on treatments in pregnancy, you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-care-during-pregnancy-15.aspx

Free Dental Consultation