Hello, I have been having an aching at my extraction site at #18. Sometimes it is worse than other times. I wear a bite guard also. When the tooth was extracted after continued pain despite root canal, I noticed the area looked pretty torn up like it was a difficult removal. Unfortunately, the oral surgeon was very defensive, also implied that I was drug seeking after 3 weeks still hurting. A couple bone spiclules finally came out but this area is sore to touch still and aches after all this time. I got tired of just tolerating it and I just got another OS opinion, she wants to do exploratory surgery, irrigate copiously, but nothing shows up on pan X-ray, and she cannot promise it would help. What do you think?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - March - 2012, at 23:21 PM

• if you have got an exploratory surgery and nothing is wrong then get the other teeth examined as some times because of the other teeth you have the problem.AS you wear the bite guard it means you have bruxism. The bruxism can cause the wearing of teeth and one can have the infection in teeth because of the trauma due to the grinding of teeth. For more info on bruxism you can visit the following linkhttp://www.identalhub.com/article_signs-symptoms-and-effects-of-bruxism-11.aspx

Free Dental Consultation