I've had tooth pain for 5 mo.! I've visited 3 dentist, one being an Endodontist & oral surg. NONE have discovered my problem. Tests done w/tapping, using ice, etc. and my local dentist has decided to place a temp crown on back, lower molar, thinking it's the tooth (but not 100% sure). Pain is still there! I take 600 mg. ibuprofen 3 times per day (which works) and am tired of the ongoing pain and no answers after numerous visits! Suggestions? Could it be an issue under an existing crown? Xrays show nothing!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - December - 2016, at 23:29 PM

• if you are sure that it is tooth pain and you know the particular tooth is involved then it can be because of cracked tooth syndrome also. In this the tooth looks healthy but pain is there while chewing  or if it is upper tooth then may be it is because of the sinus problem. without taking the proper history and doing the clinical examination it is difficult to comment upon. Some times the gum problem  causes the infection in the tooth and the tooth becomes painful. It can be because of the crown also but normally it shows in the X-ray or the clinical test confirms the diagnosis. Discuss with your dentist . For more info on dental pain you can visit the following link on our website....

http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-cracked-tooth-56.aspx

Free Dental Consultation