Hi...at a recent recall appointment I was surprised to have my perio pocket numbers read out loud. I had about 8 - 4's, 1 - 5 and the rest 3,2,1. The higher numbers were on the tongue side of the back molars where I have 7 PFG and one full gold crown. I know, a lot for 47 years old. I'm trying to get better! Too much time in the chair! Anyways, they want to root plane and scale - is that normal for 4's? the research I've done says its borderline. Also, will this have any effect on my crowns? Given the time an dmoney over the past 8 years, I'm just concerned. Finally, we have a dental hygeien university clinic near my home. Would you trust a student to do this type of work? Apparently they are closely supervised by a dentist and RDH. Any help is appreciated.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - May - 2017, at 22:09 PM

• yes it s normal t get root plane and scaling done for this much depth of pocket. You can get it done from dental hygiene university. As such aiso it is the work of dental hygienist also. As they are learning they do good job.It is a regular procedure so there is nothing to worry. For more info on scaling and root planing you can visit the following link on our website.....

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-why-root-scaling-and-planning-is-good--716.aspx

Free Dental Consultation