I had root canal done and went 2 weeks ago to get my crown ,my dentist took impressions put a temp crown in which fell off the same day when in there last Wednesday and they told me it will take another 3 weeks to get my crown from the lab. They also did several fillings on my upper left teeth and I'm having so much pain it also feels like something is leaking from my teeth my cheekbone hurts it almost feels like its swollen the only thing I can relate this pain to is when my wisdom teeth were coming out. I can barely eat because the temp crown is on the right side and every time I bite it keeps shifting. I'm going back to the dentist tomorrow , what are the possibilities that went wrong? Is it normal to wait 5 weeks to put a percent crown? Also since they only do porcelain crowns I asked if they can fused it zirconia , how can I assure that the crown has zirconium in it?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - September - 2016, at 05:50 AM

• Normally the labs take around 2 to 3 weeks to make the crown. I don't know why it is taking so long You can discuss with your dentist. As for the pain on the left side either the fillings are high or the cavities are deep. If the pain is reducucing gradually then give it some time it will subside but if it is increasing then you have to consult your dentist. May be the teeth are infected. It is difficult to find out whether ceramic ia fused to Zirconoum or not You have to trust your dentist for this. For more info on pain after fillings you can visit the following link on our website...

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-reasons-of-tooth-ache-or-pain-after-dental-filling-812.aspx

Free Dental Consultation