Hi. I had full restoration of my whole mouth with zirconium crowns. 8 months later i developed a white tongue and a severly irritated throat, ENT speialist said its either fungus or an allergic reaction. Fungus test came back negative, he gave me a regular allergy test which also was negative. I guess my question is if i was to develop an allergic or toxic reaction to any of the dental materials used, would symptoms start 8 months later or can my symptoms even be related to dental work, and is it possible to check if i in fact am allergic. Thank You in advance for Your responce. p.s. i ve been having these symptoms for 6 months now

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - March - 2012, at 00:04 AM

• it does not look like that it is the allergy due to dental work as you got the dental work done and the allergic reaction is after 8 months. If you are allergic then you should show the allergy reaction immediately after the dental work. Still you can discuss with your dentist. for more info on dental allergies you can visit the following link.....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-allergies-and-dentistry-662.aspx

Free Dental Consultation