I can feel a little irregular area on my right hard palate close to my soft palate. About two months ago I felt like a popcorn seed got stuck or maybe nicked that area and I’ve been getting this slight stinging sensation threw out the day. I saw and oral surgeons who thought it was an inflamed minor salivary gland. I went back two weeks later to have him take another look and maybe take a biopsy but he said he go no longer see anything irregular. It still bothers me and I can feel the irregular tissue with my tongue. I saw another oral surgeon two days ago and he to could not see anything that looks different. Could the gland just be a little irritated and does it take time for this kind of thing to go away? Any ideas or is there anything else I should do.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - August - 2012, at 02:40 AM

• You might have encountered an infection of the salivary gland. Though the medications can only be prescribed after clinical examination but here are some of the home remedies to get rid of it:

1. Have oregano oil or grapefruit seed extract.
    2. Drop a small amount of lemon juice on the tongue to activate the glands.
    3. Keep your mouth rinsed everytime you have something and do mouthwash gargles thrice daily.
    4. If in case it is a stone then it would require a surgical intervention under local anesthesia.

But first get it clinically evaluated. For more info visit the link....

http://www.identalhub.com/article_abnormalities-of-tongue-238.aspx

Free Dental Consultation