I have been diagnosed with perionditis by (2) dentists and told by both alot of bone loss, I have been told by (1) dentist to extract the botton front (4) the other dentist said deep gum cleaning and home care? I was also told if I get a deep gum cleaning, teeth will start to get loose after Bacteria and plaque is removed?? If that is the case. Why would I need to get a deep gum cleaning, If it would lead to teeth getting loose. I just need an understanding on this.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - December - 2016, at 22:24 PM

• In periodontitisthere is bone loss because of infection . Normally the treatment is to go for deep cleaning to remove the plaque and the bacteria so that further bone loss is not there and the bone and the surrounding tissues become healthy. Some times if we maintain very good oral hygiene after the treatment then bone formation can be there In your case it is difficult to comment whether the deep cleaning and after care will be of anyhelp or not because the prognosis depends upon the amount of bone loss and the infection. You can discuss with your dentist and if deep cleaning is going to help then you should go for that. For more info on gum diseases you can visit the following link on our website.....

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-periodontitis-903.aspx

Free Dental Consultation