About 2 months ago I had a crown put on over my upper back left molar. About a week later I had some sinus inflamation and my back upper molar felt a little high and my bite felt off. I have gone back twice and my dentist says my bite is fine. The new crown's center feels like it is lower than the center of my other back teeth. My dentist screwed the crown on and then covered it with a filling material. I wear a night guard but my bite is definitely not correct. Could the crown center be too low causing my back teeth to hit first and the bite to feel awkward? Any thoughts? Thank you.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - August - 2017, at 22:19 PM

• you have not mentioned the state of your bite after getting the crown and before the sinus infection. But it looks like that your bite was fine after getting the crown but it fell off after the sinus infection. Some times after the infection the teeth get elevated but they come to normal position after the infection is treated. Go to your dentist and discuss with him. He can check the bite and do the selective grinding to make you comfortable. for more info on dental crowns you can visit the following link on our website.....

http://www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-crown-placement-272.aspx

Free Dental Consultation