I had two wisdom teeth extracted 11 days ago. I had barely any pain, no swelling and I feel fine. I have kept the sockets clean but rinsing with salt water as well as a syringe of salt water on lower extraction site. I noticed today that there is a green mass inside the socket/ looks like the size of the tooth that was pulled. Originally it was dark red(clot) then became slightly white- and now green. Again I have no pain, swelling and feel just fine. What could this be? I thought maybe food was stuck but it's not the color of any food I've eaten and it's not becoming dislodged with use of the syringe or rinsing. Help!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - September - 2017, at 07:14 AM

• If you don’t have any pain or swelling at extraction site then you should not worry. Maintain good oral hygiene keep doing warm sailing rinses and do not try to dislodge the mass present in the extraction socket. It is a normal healing process so don’t irritate or disturb it. For more information on wisdom tooth extraction you can visit the following link on our website. 

http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-wisdom-teeth-47.aspx

Free Dental Consultation