I had a root canal done in China about a year and a half ago on a front tooth due to trauma from many years ago. My dentist forewarned that it would turn dark. I didn't realize it would happen so quickly. Although it's becoming more noticeable from the front..it's more noticeable posteriorly noticeable sometimes people think their is food stuck between my front two teeth. The neighboring tooth was filled a long time ago so it's not secondary decay, and x-rays show no change, So he suggested one of three options. Refill my tooth, get a crown or a veneer. what would happen if I left it alone? I want to know which treatment is recommended, and will preserve as much as my natural tooth as possible. I'm not having any pain, or symptoms. Are there any natural methods that could help, to slow down the process (e.g. Pulling), or can remineralization have any effect on my tooth? Thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - July - 2017, at 23:35 PM

• Idealiy after Root Canal Treatment the tooth should be crowned otherwise it becomes black as it is non vital Non vital. tooth can crack any time so it is advisable to go for crown if you want to save the tooth.If you are only concerned about the colour then you can go for bleaching of the tooth. For more information on bleaching you can visit the following link on our website...

http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-professional-teeth-whitening-82.aspx

Free Dental Consultation