My daughter is missing the teeth inbetween the front and canine teeth. She has never had them and I have had several full mouth/skull x-rays done which keep confirming she does not have them. The last set being done 2 years ago. Low and behold she is getting one in. Only one on the left side. Is this going to be a baby tooth or an adult tooth? How is this possible and where did it magically come from? We had already planned to do braces and have her canine filed down, as opposed to braces spacers and implants. Now I'm at a loss.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - September - 2016, at 22:29 PM

• If it is coming at the age of 15 it cannot be the baby tooth . It has to be the adult tooth. rest dentist will confirm after seeing the x-ray .  The treatment plan for the braces will be decided accordingly. If the tooth which is erupting now is normal and your dentist is sure that it is the adult tooth only then the dentist will keep it. Normally these teeth erupt in the oral cavity by 8 years of age. For more info on dentition you can visit the following link on our website...

http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dentition-64.aspx

Free Dental Consultation