CHRONIC HALITOSIS (BAD BREATH) Helo Doctor. I've had this chronic halitosis (bad breadth) for years now. Results of all my dental consultations on different occasions with different dentists showed a very good oral hygiene, "your mouth is very clean"...they've all said. All the Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) doctors consulted have also said nothing appears to be wrong in this areas...yet the bad breadth persists. MY PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS I clear my throat very often, because I always feel there's something hanging in there. Also, when I brush my teeth and stick the brush deep (while scraping my tongue), a soft yellowish matter comes from my throat that when broken emits a very very offensive odour. What might be the cause of this embarrassing issue please, and how do I cure it. Please help me, it's killing me!!! Thanks.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - November - 2013, at 09:10 AM

• If your oral hygiene is good and you donot have any ENT problems then may be some other systomic problem can be the cause or as you have written that as you clean the tongue, the yellowish things comes out which has bad odor, may be that is the cause. So may sure to clean your tongue daily with tongue cleaner every day while brushing. for more info on bad breath you can browse the following link with great info on bad breath in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-bad-breath-6.aspx

Free Dental Consultation