Hello doctor I have a question or in other words a problem I'm 19 years old I have a medium thick white line in the upper part of the canine .... went to a dentist and he applied fluoride varnish and it got worse ..... is there any solution to that ? is it a lack of a certain vitamin or mineral ? and ways of how to try to remove that white part of the canine ? does pharmacies released a toothpaste for that issue ? Thank you for your effort and time

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - June - 2012, at 03:35 AM

•  

It is an early carious lesion. The white lesion is the demineralized enamel and if untreated it can lead to deterioration of tooth. White spots on the teeth can appear after changes have occurred in the mineral content of a person’s teeth (which often happens childhood and leads to eventual deterioration of enamel if left untreated). White spots can also appear in connection with a condition called fluorosis, which is the result of having an excessive intake of fluoride. 

Treatment of white spots include fluoride treatment, bonding or porcelain laminate....For more info on this topic visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_flouride-delivery-system-415.aspx

Free Dental Consultation