Hi, I had braces for a few years and had them removed, but i was given a upper retainer and inner lower braces after the regular braces on the teeth were removed (they are on the lower part of my teeth on the inside only). I lost insurance and was unable to return back to the orthodontist because it was costly. I think I was supposed to have them on for 2 years and get them removed but I never returned. But I started to realize that they are starting to discolor and I believe they are growing calculus on them so I really want to get them removed. I was just wondering the cost of this removal and if i have to go to a orthodontist or any regular dentist is okay? Thank you!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - May - 2017, at 22:34 PM

• what you got in the lower arch is the fixed retainer. Normally there is no need to get it removed but you have to get it checked time to time.N ow if it is getting discolored and deposits are there then you have to get it checked. The dentist will see whether it has to be removed or cleaned. So cost depends upon that. For this it is better you go to orthodontist . For more info on fixed retainers you can visit the following link on our website.......

http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-retainers-after-braces-202.aspx

Free Dental Consultation