My head and a water bottle collided a few months ago, and it hit my front tooh which then got very loose, pushed back and sore. Over perhaps three months I have had xrays but cannot tell if the tooth is dying or healing. Its still loose but tighter than when it first happend, and has gone a very slight grey color. It is also sensitive with cold. Recently I have noticed everytime I eat Ice Cream I feel a build up of slight pain to the cold and then I feel a pop in my tooth and then I can no longer feel the cold of the ice cream. Was wondering what that could possibly be? My tooth has gotten alot better and I would love to avoid any surgery if not needed. Regards Nikita

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - January - 2014, at 21:10 PM

• If even after 3 months, you are sensitive to cold and tooth has not recovered and along with that tooth has become slightly grey then that means the tooth is not recovering. When trauma is there, the pulp gets insulted and pulpitis sets in, which is normally reversable but it should have recovered in max by 3 weeks. But if it has not recovered then necrosis of pulp is taking place. so schdule an appointment with dentist and find out exact situation and get treatment done, which can be root canal treatment with splintting. For for info on tooth trauma you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_tooth-trauma-331.aspx

Free Dental Consultation