I recently got my braces off, June 30, 2014. One of my teeth at the top isn't flush with the rest like it was the day I got my braces off. Dentist told me I have to wear my retainer all day ever day for 6 weeks straight. Then I can switch to only wearing it at night and by the time the 6 weeks are over my tooth should go back to being flush. However, Ive been wearing all-day like the dentist said I should. But when I wake up in the morning it appears I had spit my retainer out and it's always tight on my teeth. This has happened 3 times already. Should I ask my dentist about getting a permanent retainer?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - July - 2014, at 20:12 PM

• You can definately ask your dentist for fixed retainer, rather you should have got it just after getting your braces off. Now as the tooth has already moved, so you have discuss this with your dentist for sometime you have to wear removable retainer so bring the tooth back into alignment and after that you can go for permanent retainers. So schedule an appointment with you dentist and discuss the problem of retainer coming out at night as if it keeps on spitting out then the tooth will not come in flush with other teeth. for more  info on retainers after braces you can check this link in our website....  http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-retainers-after-braces-54.aspx

Free Dental Consultation