I get canker sores once in a while when I'm stressed or going through PMS..., I currently have one on the front of my mouth and on my tongue which I am not worried about. I noticed my temperature was a little higher than normal and my throat kind of burned, but that only lasted a day. The next day I got the canker sores and one really bad sore behind my wisdom tooth. I recently was able to see it in the mirror and it looks like a big sore that is greyish color in the middle and it's a little swollen around it with a bump hanging down. The sore itself doesn't hurt anymore but the bump does. It's not a boil, but it could be irritated because when I close my mouth, it pinches it. Anyways, i notice to pain is slowly going away, but I am not sure if it's even possible that could be a canker sore because of the color and the location. I have never had one that big but I assume it's because I was under a lot of stress and PMS. I have been doing salt water rinses and oragel. What could it be? I have pictures of it.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - November - 2012, at 22:14 PM

• It seems that your partially erupted wisdom teeth are adding to your woes.If this is not a canker sore, it could be a sore on your extra skin overhanging the wisdom teeth from biting down on it. Biting trauma usually goes away in 3-4 days.The most common thing is that food stuff gets stuck under the gum and it's just really hard to get it clean, and gums around the wisdom teeth may be infected.You may need antibiotics. Hydrogen peroxide rinses will help.It may taste bad, but it will bubble beneath your gum and will be of great help.All you can really do is go get an evaluation and see what's the exact problem. It's always possible that the best thing for you would be to get  them removed. A positive experience here might be good chance to change your outlook and fears of these sorts of things for the long run.Avoid toothpastes with sodium lauryl sulfate.From a nutritional standpoint, make sure you're not deficient in folate, iron and vitamin B12. You might want to take a multivitamin tablet in an attempt to reduce future outbreaks.

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/dental-natural-remedies-for-canker-sores-865.aspx

Free Dental Consultation