I had 2 cavities filled and one filling replaced in the lower right quadrant. I got shots of anastesia in three spots I think. She used plenty of numbing gel and I didn't feel more than a little pressure during the shots. Now 4 days later the teeth are fine but, my gums ae EXTREMELY tender, I have severe pain under my tongue and lump there. My throat and glands on the right side are so swollen I can barely swallow.And I have major pain at the back of my jaw in between my upper and lower teeth. My mouth/jaw/throat are hot. And I can feel my pulse throbbing in that area. I called to report the pain on Friday and she said just keep taking advil and doing saline rinses. If it's still hurting Monday call us. It just keeps getting worse- I haven't eaten anything besides soup for 4 days and now I can barely speak. In the morning my right ear hurts too. Do I have an infection or am I just being a baby?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - September - 2012, at 03:29 AM

• The pain you are experiencing is probabaly due to anaesthesia shots.Some times with anaesthesia it happens. When anesthesia is injected, the needle tears the muscle tissues and they become sore. It takes sometime for them to heal. The only treatment for this is to keep doing the stretching excercises like opening and closing of mouth and you can do hot fermentation also to relax the muscles of that area. It does not have anything to do with deep cleaning but it is due to the local anesthesia shot. This problem is quite normal and will resolve with time within another week or two. Maximum it can take 2-3 months to heal. Till then maintain good oral hygiene.If the condition persists,consult your dentist.

Free Dental Consultation