I have been going to the dentist and getting my regular every three months cleaning. At first, i was asked by my dentist to remove my wisdom teeth to which i refused. Recently, i started feeling some pain when two of my wisdom teeth would come in contact with either cold or hot food or water. My first question is is it possible to get cavities when i am getting my regular cleaning every three months? The next question is it necessary to have my wisdom teeth removed? In addition, i have been asked on many dental visits to different dental doctors to have gum surgeries which i had done before. I was told that i have "pockets" that necessitate me having the gum surgeries. My gums are not bleeding but according to my doctor i have bone loss. when is it necessary to have gum surgeries. I would appreciate it if you would answer those three questions for me. Thank you.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - January - 2013, at 20:09 PM

• Even if you are having regular cleaning done it is possible to have the cavities especially in wisdom teeth as it is difficult to clean the wisdom teeth area as the wisdom teeth are far back. In your case it is not necessary that you are having sensation just because of cavities. it can be because of gum problem also. So get it checked. Usually gum surgeries are done if the bone loss is there and pocket formation is there. With out seeing the case clinically it is difficult to comment whether in your case gum surgey is required or not. For more info on gum surgeries you can visit the following link......http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-gum-surgeries-80.aspx

Free Dental Consultation