My crown on a older root canalled tooth (directly next to front tooth) came out last night. The crown has a post & is intact but my concern is keeping the canal of underlying tooth as clean as possible. Its the weekend & cant get to the dentist & afraid to temporarily place back in & make things worse. I am able to seat crown back on but i think i should wait until dentist appt. my concern is bacteria getting into socket.I havnt eaten anything since it happened& dont plan to because to afraid. Is there anything that could help keep the area/mouth clean/minimize bacteria/avoid infection besides brushing? Mouth rinses or any other options? I am trying to stay calm but freaking out inside due to the anxiety & any advise would so greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - February - 2017, at 22:21 PM

• You cannot do any thing except maintaining the good oral hygiene. so do that and avoid eating from that side. Do wam saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day . If you can get the temporary fixing material which is available OTC you can use that. You need not to be over anxious as the root canal has the filling and in a couple of days it is not going to get infected if you maintain good oral hygiene. There should not be any food impaction. See the dentist ASAP. For more info on dental crowns you can visit the following link on our website.....

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-remedy-for-loose-dental-crown-895.aspx

Free Dental Consultation