I was diagnosed with tmj years ago due to clenching my teeth together at night so hard I'd wake up with jaw pain. Since then I have had all my teeth removed for a complete denture. I was told not to wear them at night. Ever since having my teeth removed, I have been waking up with jaw pain, stiffness that radiates to my neck, horrible headaches and a popping or clicking sound when I open or close my mouth. It is getting unbearable and my dentist keeps telling me that it's not tmj and to just deal with it. Could this be tmj and if so, what can I do about it?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - August - 2016, at 00:16 AM

• From your discription it looks like that you have TMJ problem. But it is difficult to comment without seeing the X-Rays and doing the clinical examination..You can discuss your problem with your dentist or you can take the second opinion from other dentist. You can visit the oral surgeon. For more info on TMJ disorders you can visit the following link  

http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-is-the-treatment-for-tmj-disorders-196.aspx 

Free Dental Consultation