I'm pretty sure I have several abscesses and infections in my jaw. I am becoming very terrified about it because the swelling seems to be increasing, though there is no pain except on the inside of my jaw in the upper area near my ear. I have broken teeth in the back of my mouth, in fact most of my teeth are broken from an issue with braces as a kid. The braces were improperly done and it damaged the enamel on my teeth and it was a whole thing. Anyways, the last time I went to a dentist their advice was to pull them all and start over basically. I need a plan. I need to move forward, but I simply cannot afford much of a monthly payment. I have health insurance but not dental insurance; I can get dental insurance, but I don't quite understand how helpful it will be. All of the insurance I have looked at says coverage for procedures doesnt start for 6 months. Should I get it just for the xray coverage? What should I do? Is this something a dentist needs to sort out or can my health insurance help? I just need an idea on what to do next. I need help, and I need to get this under control before it kills me or something but I don't know what to do. I imagine any step will put me in crippling debt and I simply feel paralyzed. Please help.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - September - 2013, at 02:50 AM

• I am really sorry to hear your story. I am afraid no insurance covers the existing diseases. You cannot get insurance and get the treatment done. You can try some dental school near you where the treatment is usually cheaper than the dentists and if luck, can even be free. I am afraid that may be you wont get insurance like this. you can have carecredit and pay in instalments. For more info on dental insurance you can check this link inour website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-insurance-plans-58.aspx

Free Dental Consultation