Hi. I had a tooth removed 3 days ago and I am concerned how the extration site looks like. Is this normal or is there something wrong? Pain was gone on day 2 but nagging me a bit now. Thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - November - 2017, at 20:30 PM

• It is difficult to explain how the extraction site looks like. The healing takes around seven days after tooth extraction. During that time it is necessary that you keep the extraction socket clean and follow or the instructions given by your dentist. Sometimes as you have mentioned that the pain was gone after two days but it has started nagging you again, in such cases may be your extraction socket got infected. For this do warm saline rinses two to three times a day. Mention good oral hygiene and follow all the instruction given by your dentist. But if the pain increases after following all this regime then visit your dentist. He will do clinical examination and see the condition of your socket. Sometimes one tends to have dry socket, which is very painful condition and needs the intervention by the dentist. In dry socket the dentists cleans the socket and give the dressing along with antibiotics. If you want to know more about pain after tooth extraction you can visit the following link on our website.  Pain After Tooth Extraction

Free Dental Consultation