I have been smoking from past 7 months and i quit before a week. I just saw the mirror one day and saw my gums. They've turned to darkish brown , it's really scaring me. I've stopped smoking cigarettes. When will it go away. Wil the discoloration stay forever ? How to turn my gums to pink .

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - November - 2017, at 19:48 PM

• There are different causes for dark gums. It can be hereditary, exposure to sun or it can be because of some gum diseases. In your case if the dark gums are because of smoking then this darkness of the gums should go away eventually. Reason for dark gums is because of excess of melanin pigment. The treatment for this is know as gums bleaching. It can be done surgically or it can be done by lasers. Treatment with lasers is very convent and pain free. Laser treatment is the latest for the dark gums. You can wait for same time but if the darkness of the gums does not go then you have to go to the dentist and discuss the treatment plan. For more information on cosmetic gum surgery you can visit following link on our website. Dark Gums Can They Be Made Natural Pink

Free Dental Consultation