Sir/mam I have an tingling sensation in the bottom of my front teeth..I consulted with an dentist and she told the teeth is inflammated and prescribed me to take a gel for 5 days and asked me to come then for cleaning. ...what is the actual reason for this and how can it be treated????

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - November - 2017, at 06:09 AM

• From your symptoms it looks like as you have gum problem. When there is some infection in gums, they get inflamed. This causes the tingling sensation, as the roots of the teeth get exposed. The gum diseases can be because of poor oral hygiene or sometimes it can be because of some trauma. For the gums to remain healthy six monthly cleaning of the teeth is recommended along with daily oral hygiene regime. For tingling sensation you can go for cleaning as advised by your dentist. Till then do warm saline rinses two to three times a day and you can apply some OTC available gum paint. Maintain very good oral hygiene by bushing twice a day-once in the morning and once at the bed time. For more information on gum diseases you can visit the following link on our website.  http://www.identalhub.com/blog/20/signs-and-symptoms-of-gum-disease

Free Dental Consultation