Oral surgery to pull wisdom tooth and drilled out root from another tooth don't know how long it been there now much swelling worst now than yesterday I don't like the way I look from my jaw and under my chin

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - November - 2017, at 23:01 PM

• You have not mention whether the bone cutting had to be done to remove the wisdom tooth and the root from another tooth or it was a simple extraction. Sometimes when the root has to be removed and the wisdom tooth is also deep in the bone  along with some angulations which can be either mesial or distal, then lot of bone cutting has to be done. This sort of impaction is called bony impaction with unfavorably angulations. After this sort of surgery the swelling is expected with pain. It takes around a week for the swelling to go depending upon the amount of bone that has to be removed. Follow all the instruction given by your dentist. Take your meds on time. Maintain good oral hygiene. Do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day. If swelling and pain continues even after a week then consult your dentist as it can be because of some infection or the dry socket.  Dry socket is a very painful condition. In that case dentist will change the treatment plan. Depending upon the condition may be he has to clean the socket and give dry socket dressing. For more information on complications after tooth extraction you can visit the following link on our website. http://www.identalhub.com/blog/254/problems-after-removal-of-wisdom-teeth

Free Dental Consultation